Top 5 Romantic Pairings In TV Shows
What I Did This Week:
Wesley: What I did first
- Returned my Western Digital TV Live player
- Returned my fireplace entertainment center
- Got up to 50 crunches and squats. Hope to hit 50 push ups before we record next.
- Watched some Star Trek (I’m still on it, just slowing down a bit)
- Watched some classic Doctor Who
- Watched some Fringe
- Watched Season 1 of Game of Thrones
- - Watched Game of Thrones
- - Watched Castle
- - Played Star Wars: The Old Republic
Jeffrey: Stuffs I Dood
- Amazon links for 3 wolf shirt and BIC crystal for her and milk
- Amazing spider man
- Returned headphones
Top 5 – #5:
Bob: TV Couples: Nate & Sophie
Wesley: Alice and Ralph Kramden from The Honeymooners
- I’m a Honeymooners fan. It’s one of the few black and white TV shows that holds up for me to this day.
- And one of the big things that holds it up is that Ralph and Alice Kramden are believably married.
- They fight. They make up. Sometimes one’s right, sometimes the other is. Usually it’s Alice, but not always. And I don’t know why, but for some reason that doesn’t bother me like other TV couples where the woman’s always right.
- Probably because on all those shows, the man is the title character and is married to someone far better looking than he is.
- But I digress. This isn’t “Television Pet Peeves,” after all.
Top 5 – #4:
Wesley: Keiko and Miles O’Brien from Deep Space 9
- The only couple on my list that spanned 2 TV shows.
- Married on Star Trek: The Next Generation, Keiko and Miles’ relationship was always a very minor thing in that show. It grew and shone, though, in Deep Space 9 when (for a while at least) Keiko became a semimain character.
- Like so many of the relationships on my list, this one got there by simply being realistic and believable. It was just obvious that they were in love. Not puppy-dog love. Not lustful love (though obviously that was there). Just love.
Top 5 – #3:
Wesley: Wash and Zoe from Firefly
- This would be #1 if Firefly got as many seasons as it deserved.
- i.e., if it was still on the air.
- And Wash was still the pilot…
Bob: TV Couples: David & Maddie
Top 5 – #2:
Wesley: Chuck Bartowski and Sarah Walker from Chuck
- A great, slowly growing romance that just seemed believable.
- Chuck is one of those truly fantastic shows that everybody should see.
- And some day I’m going to see season 5.
Bob: TV Couples: Wash & Zoe
Top 5 – #1:
Wesley: Aeryn Sun and John Crichton from Farscape
- It’s amazing how realistic, honest, adult, and organic this relationship is, and that’s without even considering the fact that it’s on this crazy, wacky, unbelievable sci-fi show.
- John and Aeryn never hated each other, but they surely didn’t get along at the start. But slowly, over the course of several seasons, they grew together and by the end there was no way to think of them apart.
- Then the series finale happened. I won’t spoil it but for anybody who knows what I’m talking about… you know what I’m talking about.
Top 5 – Honorable Mention:
Wesley: Romantic Mentions
- Homer and Marge from The Simpsons
- Kermit and Piggy from The Muppet Show
- Ross and Rachael from Friends
- Cliff and Claire from The Cosby Show
- George and Weezy from The Jeffersons
- Gaius and Six from Battlestar Galactica
Bob: TV Couples: Honorable Mentions
- - Mal & Inara: Firefly
- - Chuck & Sarah: Chuck
- - Shawn & Juliet: Psych
- - Sam & Diane: Cheers
- - Mal & Serenity: Firefly
Jeffrey: The Unmentionables
- Marshall and Lily
- Kermit and Piggy
- Morticia and Gomez
- Lois and Peter
- Sheldon and Amy
- Temperence and Seely (Bones)
- Jack and Kate – Lost
- J.D. And Elliot – scrubs
- Mulder and Scully